Saturday, January 30, 2010

Off Topic: Another Great Hosting service!

These days when you always seem to get fantastic customer service, I am always impressed when I have an experience where someone goes above and beyond their job to help you. With InMotion Hosting technical support, that seems to be the case. I've been hosting with them for about 4 years now and every single time I've had an issue or something go wrong, their response has been quick and very helpful which is quite impressive. I, myself am a self-taught student of Wordpress, so when I launched into getting my sites up and running, there were a few challenges that I had to face in the unknown mechanisms of Wordpress. Most recently, one of my websites was hacked and they sent me an email telling me and that they had stopped the hacker downloading some suspicious files. They changed my passwords and sent me all the information about my account details and what happened. My website was out of commission as a result. I tried to notify my web-help guy, but was unable to reach him. Unable to get my website back up, I notified the support team that both of the passwords did not seem to be the same and went to bed in a little bit of a panic. The next morning I woke up to a note explaining the next steps in the password issue and oh-by-the-way, they reloaded all my files and the site was fixed. They turned my panic into feeling reassured that yes, indeed, I have pretty solid backup with my host. Support like that is hard to find these days and most crucial to business owners like myself who's main focus is not building and maintaining their websites. I highly recommend them to anyone who cares about what they are doing!

Biggest Pro: GREAT technical support - both in people and documentation.

Biggest Con: I would like to see some more automated billing details and status’s available.

No comments:

Post a Comment